Thursday, February 16, 2012

A PINTERESTing Valentine's

Let me begin by saying that I am not crafty. Honestly, crafting just makes me want to drink because it stresses me out so much. The thing is I wish I liked to craft. This is where having a toddler to live vicariously through comes in handy. I live out my "I want to be crafty" dreams through her, and then I don't have to worry about how it looks in the end because it was made by said toddler.

Pinterest has made crafting for holidays so easy, and I'm pretty sure P and I did almost every Valentine craft I pinned. Here are a few of the ones I documented.

Grandparent Gift #1:
I loved the way this Valentine came out. It was so easy, and I just used stuff I already had around the house. This one we made for the grand/great grandparent's. No peeking Mimi and Daddy Bob. You will get yours eventually...

Grandparent gift #2:
We made this one for the Grandparents (also) and Daddy (Once again, Don't look Mimi and Daddy Bob). It came out cute, but my handwriting is on it, so that automatically ruins it for me.

Presley's MDO teacher gift:
This is a variation of one that I saw all over pinterest. I used to make these a lot, but used a rolo and topped with a pecan. The one on pinterest used the square pretzels, with the black and white striped Hershey kisses, and Valentine's M&M's. I made a bad judgement call and braved Target the day before Valentine's, so they were out of everything but the M&M's. Oh well! I just made my normal rolo recipe, but topped with the M&M's instead of the pecan. So yummy!

Presley's class Valentine's:
P's MDO did a cookie exchange, so we made fish shaped cookie's along with the swedish fish. I didn't want to pay for the printables, so I just free handed the fish bowls and then we painted them with blue finger paint. We put different sayings on them such as, "So glad were in the same SCHOOL", You've got me HOOKED", and "You're the only fish in the sea for me". (Sorry for the horrible horrible picture quality)



The cookies themselves turned out to be a beast of a different nature. I originally pinned a really easy sugar cookie recipe, and they completely fell apart after they had cooled. I was so disappointed. So, Once again I braved Target at 8:00 pm the night before Valentine's and ended up buying the pull apart sugar cookies. I found out they really suck at keeping their shape, but it was too late to make another kind. I figured two year olds wouldn't complain too much about an ugly fish shaped sugar cookie. The most important part was Presley had a total blast making the first ones.







3 comments:

Emily said...

Wow!! Um, I hate to tell you, but you ARE crafty! Pinterest is running all of our holidays these days. :-)

Love the photos of P making cookies. What a fun memory for you 2.

Heather said...

I am with you on the crafting! I would LOVE to 'love' it, however, I cannot stand a mess! Poor H! :)

I have to say that you were pretty crafty though! Love everything!

Rene' said...

These are all so great!! I had really good intentions of doing some great things for the grandparents and ended up not doing any of it. I bought boxed valentines instead of making our own and we didn't do any crafts at all. I did make cookies (via Pinterest, of course), but wish I had done more. Hopefully I can be more crafty for St. Pats Day and Easter. I'm really not that crafty either, but love doing it. I think you are definitely crafty!!